Terms & Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated with individuals playing TRL: Touch Rugby League. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
A: Code of Conduct
All registered players are bound by this code of conduct. A player, whether on or off the field, must refrain from:
1. Continual breaches of the rules;
2. Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
3. Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a player, referee or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
4. Talking back to or arguing with a referee;
5. Dissent or disapproval towards a referee following a decision by the referee;
6. Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or striking a player, referee, spectator or TRL representative;
7. Attacking the head of an opponent or tripping an opponent;
8. Entering the field under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
9. Excessively hard touches or overly aggressive game play;
10. Any action deemed, in the ultimate discretion of the referee or competition manager, to bring the game into disrepute or any other action which is not in the spirit of the game.
Should a player breach the Code of Conduct above, TRL may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: immediate cancellation of the membership; suspension of individuals, bans; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
PLEASE NOTE, TRL has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to acts of violence. TRL takes such incidents extremely seriously. Any player or spectator involved in any violent act will be banned from TRL. The ban will in most cases, be for life and only if there are extenuating circumstances, will that player/spectator be allowed to return. TRL will also escalate such incidents to the police where required.
PLEASE NOTE, TRL also has the rights to refuse to do business with an individual (subject of course to applicable Law).
1. To be insured, a player must be registered. Registration occurs when a player has completed the online registration process.
2. TRL accepts no responsibility in ensuring that all participating players, register.
3. In some circumstances, players will be allowed to “trial” TRL for free (without formally registering online). In such circumstances a manual registration form must be filled out at the venue. This is the responsibility of the player to complete.
4. All players are encouraged to seek medical advice before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of playing TRL.
5. All registered players agree to be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy (Arthur J. Gallagher) as arranged by TRL. [Full TRL Insurance Program Handbook available from: www.ajg.com.au/touch-rugby-league-trl] 6. For a player to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to BOTH the referee and competition manager on the night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a player’s right to claim through the TRL Insurance Policy.
7. Age Restrictions: Players must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the TRL.
C: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
1. In consideration of TRL allowing me, once I am a registered player, to participate in the TRL competition and events, I agree to release TRL from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (TRL related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of TRL, whether or not the injury is caused by TRL or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of TRL or any other individual.
2. I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the TRL competition or other activity, some physical contact will occur between myself and other individuals involved in the competition; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold TRL or any other TRL Representative responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
3. I acknowledge that TRL hire their fields from other Organisations which from time to time will cancel games whether this be on account of weather or otherwise. I accept that in such instances, TRL may need to change the specific field/location/venue of the Competition I have registered for if the fields are no longer suitable or become unavailable. In such instances, TRL will use best endeavours to ensure the new venue location is within 15km of the original playing venue. [In situations where an alternate playing venue is not available or cannot be sourced, payment for that week will be removed].
4. I acknowledge that in order to co-ordinate the TRL competition effectively, my contact details will be used to communicate competition updates via email (including newsletter service) and phone.
5. I acknowledge that in the course of a season, photos and videos will be taken of games being played and teams. I consent to these photos being uploaded to social media sites such as Facebook, the TRL website and for these photos to be used in marketing and advertising campaigns.
6. Public Holidays: TRL will typically run on all Public Holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day (if applicable). If there is a change to this position you will be notified.
7. General Holidays/Breaks: TRL will typically run all year around and break between Christmas Day and New Years Day. Any other breaks will be communicated by Head Office and payments will be paused.
8. Wet Weather: If we cancel a night due to wet weather, we will delete out your payment and you will not be charged for that session.
D: PAYMENTS POLICY
1. Payments are taken via Direct Debit – provider, EziDebit. The amount and frequency of the Direct Debit is subject to change. Any proposed change in this arrangement will be communicated to the paying member via email and in advance of this change taking place.
2. Membership can be cancelled at anytime. However, you must provide notice of your intention to cancel at least 5 calendar days before your next session. For example, if you are registered to participate on Wednesday nights at a specified venue, you must notify TRL Management by Monday (the previous week) at the latest in order for the next direct debit not to be charged. If notice is provided later than this, the cancellation will take place the following week.
3. Dishonour Fees: For any failed payment, there is a dishonour fee of $12.95. This fee is automatically added to your next payment.
4. Missed Sessions: If you miss a Session you may make this Session up at another TRL Location (within the Franchise Territory you are registered for) subject to you providing notice within 24hrs of your missed Session and there being capacity at another Location. Make-up Sessions can only be used within 5 calendar days of your missed Session. Please note, a medical certificate may be requested.