TRL Terms & Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated with playing TRL: Touch Rugby League at the 2020 World Cup event. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By checking the box, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. References to “TRL” refer to the region within which you are registered. These Terms and Conditions are uniform across all Franchises.
Event-specific Terms & Conditions
- As Manager, you are liable for the full amount which includes the team registration fee, uniform fees and freight/delivery fees of those uniforms;
- By registering this team, you will be liable for the full amount outlined in “1.” regardless of whether the team actually participates or not (e.g. if the team is scrapped last minute due to players opting out or other unforeseen circumstances, you will still be personally liable for the full amount);
- If there is a wet weather event or some other act of God which limits or precludes games from taking place, or impacts the event in some way, no refunds will be offered;
- If your team breaches the Code of Conduct outlined below (and this includes bringing your own alcohol and drinking at the Event), your team may be immediately disqualified (with no refund).
A: Code of Conduct
All registered players are bound by this code of conduct. A player, whether on or off the field, must refrain from:
- Continual breaches of the rules;
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a player, referee or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a referee;
- Dissent or disapproval towards a referee following a decision by the referee;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or striking a player, referee, spectator or TRL representative;
- Attacking the head of an opponent or tripping an opponent;
- Entering the field under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Excessively hard touches or overly aggressive game play;
- Any action deemed, in the ultimate discretion of the referee or competition manager, to bring the game into disrepute or any other action which is not in the spirit of the game;
- Wearing unsuitable footwear. This includes metal studs, or screw-ins and ensuring only footwear with moulded studs and which are less than 10mm in length, are worn.
Should a player (or team) breach the Code of Conduct above, TRL may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of individuals and teams; individual bans or team bans; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
If more than one player from the same team is involved in an a breach of the Code of Conduct above, TRL reserves the right to remove the entire team. [Should a team be banned or removed from the competition on account of a breach of the Code of Conduct, all monies paid will be forfeited unless TRL agrees to refund a portion of the paid fees].
PLEASE NOTE, TRL has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to acts of violence. TRL takes such incidents extremely seriously. Any player or spectator involved in any violent act will be banned from TRL. The ban will in most cases, be for life and only if there are extenuating circumstances, will that player/spectator be allowed to return. TRL will also escalate such incidents to the police where required.
B: Role of the Team Captain/Organiser
- Managers are responsible for their players and associated spectators’ conduct both on and off the field.
- The Manager must make sure all participating players register online (see C: Insurance).
- The Manager is ultimately responsible for the collection of all money which must be paid in full by the required date.
- A failure to pay by the required date results in both a forfeiture of the deposit and possible removal of that team, from the competition. TRL also reserves the right to chase the balance amount using a Debt Collector Agency (a process which invokes a fee of 25% of the debt which is paid to the Debt Collector Agency).
- If the team qualifies for a specific discount a failure to pay by the due date will waive that discount and the Standard Rate (i.e. most expensive price point) will apply.
- Payment means the funds have cleared and have reached the TRL bank account (so paying on the due date will not automatically comply with this requirement).
- The Manager must assist TRL representatives in identifying players that have breached the Code of Conduct.
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot play Senior TRL due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a Guardian to play TRL. It is the responsibility of the Manager to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
- To be insured, a player must be registered. Registration can be completed online and appropriate instructions have been provided to team captains and players (via email, text message and via the individual fixture pages) on how to complete this registration. It is the responsibility of the team captain to ensure all players are registered. TRL accepts no responsibility in ensuring that all participating players, register. This responsibility lies with the team captain.
- Should a player not have access to the internet, they can sign up offline at their relevant venue. However, they must first seek permission from TRL prior to doing this.
- All players are encouraged to seek medical advice before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of playing TRL.
- All registered players agree to be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy (Arthur J. Gallagher) as arranged by TRL. [Full TRL Insurance Program Handbook available from: www.ajg.com.au/touch-rugby-league-trl]
- For a player to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to BOTH the referee and competition manager on the night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a player’s right to claim through the TRL Insurance Policy.
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot play TRL due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a parent or guardian to play TRL. It is the responsibility of the captain to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
D: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of TRL allowing me, once I am a registered player, to participate in the TRL competition and events run by TRL, I agree to release TRL from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (TRL related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of TRL, whether or not the injury is caused by TRL or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of TRL or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the TRL competition or other activity, some physical contact will occur between myself and other individuals involved in the competition; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold TRL or any other TRL Representative responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
- I acknowledge that TRL rent/hire their fields from other Organisations which from time to time will cancel games whether this be on account of weather or otherwise. I accept that in such instances, the Season finish date may be pushed back in order to make up these games; or TRL may decide to run “double headers” whereby teams may play up to two games per night; or the games lost due to this cancellation may need to be played on another night (and potentially at another location). I also accept that TRL may need to change the specific field/location/venue of the Competition I have registered for if the fields are no longer suitable or become unavailable. In such instances, TRL will use best endeavours to ensure the new venue location is within 15km of the original playing venue.
- If another team forfeits against your team, TRL will do its utmost to find a replacement opposition but cannot guarantee this. Given the majority of all costs associated with each game are not affected by a forfeit, TRL cannot provide any refunds for forfeits.
- I acknowledge TRL will often engage with third party providers such as sports trainers or physiotherapists to bolster care provided at venues. TRL takes no responsibility for treatment of any individual by these third party providers. The third party providers are not employees of TRL and are operating in an independent capacity.
- I acknowledge that in order to co-ordinate the TRL competition effectively, my contact details will be used to communicate competition updates via email (including newsletter service) and phone.
- I acknowledge that in the course of a season, photos and videos will be taken of games being played and teams. I consent to these photos being uploaded to social media sites such as Facebook, the TRL website and for these photos to be used in marketing and advertising campaigns.