Why Become a Franchisee?
There are many reasons to become a TRL Franchisee. Below is a brief summation of some of the advantages.
1. TRL is a member of the Franchise Council of Australia (FCA)
The FCA is the peak body for Franchising in Australia. We comply with the standards and stipulations as outlined by the FCA and the Franchising Code of Conduct. Membership of the FCA and compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct means TRL has met a rigorous assessment of its financially viability (via yearly independent audits); operates its Franchise model through a standardised Franchise agreement and system; and, has received references from existing Franchisor members of the FCA.
2. Join and leverage off a trusted and reputable Brand and Organisation
TRL is an Australian phenomenon. We are growing rapidly and will have well over 50,000 participants across Australia in 2016. TRL is played in Melbourne, Greater Western Sydney, Cronulla, Manly, East Sydney, Canberra, Newcastle, the Gold Coast, Beenleigh, Logan, North Brisbane, South Brisbane, East Brisbane, West Brisbane, Wynnum/Redlands, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Moreton Bay Region, the Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton, Mackay and Townsville.
3. Access to comprehensive training and support – the TRL Blueprint
TRL is operated and administered by the TRL Australia Franchise Network with 22 Franchise Units already across Australia. Each Franchise Unit is run as a business and must comply with all Manuals, Systems and Processes (collectively called the TRL Blueprint) outlined by TRL Australia. It is the TRL Blueprint – characterised by professionalism, organisation, and supreme customer service – that has enabled TRL to capture significant market share in a short space of time.
As a Franchisee, you will have access to both the TRL Blueprint and ongoing weekly support from TRL Australia Head Office. You will receive comprehensive upfront training on how to run TRL effectively. This training addresses: competition management and administration; venue management; marketing; refereeing and the rules of the game; editing your customized website; and, using the competition administration software. We also work collaboratively with the Franchisee to create a business and marketing plan for the Franchise.
4. Low cost of entry for a high value business
For a modest upfront fee, you will receive a comprehensive 2 day training course, customized website, stockpack (of all items required to run a competition), as well as access to the TRL Blueprint which is outlined in our 5 Manuals.
5. Great business model
TRL is a great business model for a number of reasons:
- Low overheads;
- Most operating costs are directly related to the number of registered teams – i.e. most costs are variable in nature;
- The net cash returns are almost directly related to the number of teams registered; and
- Results are directly related to effort!
6. Help change the future of social sport
For too long, Australia has settled for mediocrity when it comes to customer experience at social sporting events and competitions. Through the TRL Blueprint, we are providing players with the best experience in the market with superior competition administration, organisation, referees and ultimately, the game itself.
7. Other benefits of purchasing a TRL Franchise as opposed to going it alone
- Lower Failure Rate: A significant risk with owning and operating any business, especially at the beginning, is the chance of failure. We have a proven business model and track record for success and all current Franchise Units are financially viable.
- Buying Power: TRL Australia has access to cheaper pricing for supplies (apparel, gear, materials etc) as a result of buying these goods in bulk. These savings are passed onto all of our Franchisees.
- Representative and Competitive Pathways: TRL Australia has created elite competitions such as the Champions League, State of Origin, and the prestigious Australian Championships which teams from all of the Franchises can compete in each year. These pathways provide TRL with national exposure and credibility and attract elite sportsmen and sportswomen to the game.
What Australian Franchises are Available?
*NOTE: Franchises for Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region, North Brisbane, South Brisbane, East Brisbane, West Brisbane, Wynnum/Redlands, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Logan, Beenleigh, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Manly, Cronulla, East Sydney, Greater Western Sydney, Canberra , and Melbourne have already been purchased.
The following franchises are available
- Wide Bay – Bundaberg/H Bay/ M’borough
- Central Coast
- South West Sydney/Campbelltown
**The above is not an exhaustive list and we are open to Franchising other areas in Australia.
There are a number of factors which influence our pricing including but not limited to:
- Size and scope of the territory;
- Candidate’s network and ability to launch a competition;
- Candidate’s past experience managing a sporting competition;
- Candidate’s pledged marketing budget.
The price range for a TRL Franchise is between $3,000 + GST and $15,000 + GST and will be evaluated with respect to the above factors.
- If you are interested in an area not outlined above, please contact Head Office – email@example.com
- All Australian Franchises receive for their upfront investment: a comprehensive 2 day training course, customized website, stockpack and access to the TRL Blueprint.
- All International Master Franchise Rights packages are structured completely differently – please contact TRL Australia Head Office for details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How do I register my interest/make a formal inquiry?
If you are interested in bringing TRL to your area, you will first need to email Tom Longworth (email@example.com) with the following:
- An up to date CV;
- An overview of the area/s you are seeking a Franchise for; and,
- A brief outline of your existing network within the area/s and how you plan to market TRL in the area/s (<200 words).
© TRL Australia